This one day programme’s aim is to present a systematic and integrated view of the legal and practical issues relating to fixed term contracts of employment in Malaysia.
The program will specifically deal with issues relating to employment of fixed term contract and also the legitimate expectation of the substantial rights for those in employment to continuous and permanent employment in comparison to temporary fixed term contracts of employment.
• Fixed term contracts - The Legal Definition
• Forms of Fixed Term Contracts
• Doctrine of legitimate expectation
• Sanctity of contract of employment
• Fixed terms contracts - Genuine or not?
• Thorough discussion of the Hang Chiang High School Case & other relevant cases
• Termination of employment of Fixed Term Contract
- Expiry/non- renewal of fixed term contracts
- Fixed term contracts - premature termination
- Fixed term contracts - Redundancy situation
- S.20 of the Industrial Relations Act 1967
• Fixed term contracts - Foreign employees
• Fixed Term Contract and the Minimum Retirement Age Act
• Cases Laws on Fixed Term Contract
MR. M. VIVEKANANDAN is a Special Function Adviser with Malaysian Employers Federation. He has extensive experience representing employers in Industrial and Labour Court for the past 15 years. Prior to his attachment to the Malaysian Employers Federation, he had served the Department of Labour the Department of Industrial Relations (H.Q) holding various positions. He was involved in the administration and enforcement of labour laws for 25 years.
MS. SARASWATHI RAVINDRAN is a Senior Consultant - IR with more than 10 years’ experience with MEF. She is a lawyer by profession who has completed her Masters in Law (UKM). She graduated from University of Northumbria UK and also has the Certificate in Legal Practice. Prior to joining MEF she has worked in an established Legal Firm in Kuala Lumpur as an Advocate and Solicitor specializing in Industrial Relations Practice.
• MEF Members: RM 750 + 6% SST (per pax)
• Non-Members:RM 800 + 6% SST (per pax)
Malaysian Employers Federation
3A06-3A07, Block A,
Pusat Dagangan Phileo Damansara II
No. 15 Jalan 16/11, Seksyen 16
46350 Petaling Jaya,
For more details of the Program & Registration Form, please see the attached file.