You are cordially invited to the MEF-ILO Workshop on Violence and Harassment in the World of Work. These workshops are FREE OF CHARGE for members and are conducted face-to face at the dates and venues given below.
The ILO Safe and Fair Programme has partnered with MEF to develop resource materials with a view of supporting employers, the private sector in their efforts in eliminating violence and harassment in the world of work. This partnership aims to increase knowledge and understanding among employers in Malaysia about the elimination of violence and harassment which is in line with MEF’s priorities to support its members in developing policies to address violence, harassment and bullying in the workplace. The collaboration has resulted in the development of tools targeted at employers and developed based on Malaysian laws and practices.
These tools are:
- A template company policy on violence and harassment in the world of work
- A template company policy on sexual harassment at the workplace; and
- An employers’ guideline for investigating complaints of violence and harassment and sexual harassment in the world of work.
Objectives of the Workshops
- To disseminate and provide training to members using the tools developed.
- To incorporate the templates and investigation guidelines as part of company’s policies
Workshops Dates and Venues
- 23 May 2022 – The Light Hotel, Penang
- 30 May 2022 – Holiday Villa, Johor Bharu
- 13 June 2022 – Kuching (Venue to be confirmed)
- 15 June 2022 – Kota Kinabalu (Venue to be confirmed)
Members who are interested to join the workshop are kindly requested to select the workshop in your region. Each member is allowed to send one (1) participant.