RM 700 (inclusive SST) per participant
During this unprecedented pandemic and economic crisis, many companies are contemplating serious cost cutting measures to sustain their operations and manage business.
One of the most difficult cost cutting measures include the downsizing of employee headcount such as retrenchment, temporary lay-off, mutual separation or voluntary separation. These measures involve the termination of employment of an employee due to a situation of redundancy arising from the economic crises.
This program is designed as a guide for companies, especially the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) to understand the legal aspects of security of tenure, redundancy, the Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) Rule, differences between VSS, MSS and the retrenchment process.
Participants will learn to:-
• Understand VSS, MSS, Retrenchment & Termination approaches
• Apply the rules, policies and process effectively in the pre, during and post retrenchment exercise.
• Analyse best practices from other companies and case studies.
• Be aware of common mistakes and avoiding legal pitfalls and hefty compensation pay outs.
• Security of Tenure, redundancy, retrenchment
• Difference between VSS, MSS and retrenchment.
• Retrenchments – Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) Rule
• Departure from LIFO using objective criteria.
• Judicial principles – reasons/justification for retrenchments.
• Alternatives prior to carrying out retrenchments
• Code of Conduct for Industrial Harmony (CCIH)
• Employment Issues & Employers Obligations during Lockdown (MCO).
• Notification to employees, unions
• Notification to labour department (Borang PK 2004)
• Employment Issues, Salary Cuts & Unemployment Benefits during Lockdown (MCO).
• Managing retrenchment process
• Documents on VSS
• Letter of Pay Cut
• Invitation for VSS
• letter of acceptance / rejection VSS